Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: New member - Some Altec gear to share

  1. #11
    Junior Hostboard Member slial's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New member - Some Altec gear to share

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    I'm in the same boat. McIntosh,Altecs and Vinyl ! It doesn't get any better than that for me.... Now did you say you have 2 606 cabs ? If so I would use them for the 604B's and then use the other cab or find a more suitable cab for the 602.But if your really adventurous you could also build some Stonehenge or 620 cabs.They are both 9 cubic ft.And will provide a little more bass extension.

    Welcome to the Board Scott !
    Yes, I have 2 606 cabinets. While I am more than capable of constructing new, I much prefer the originality and appearance of the originals and they were intended for the 604b's and 604c's. I think the 602 will work as a Center Channel in the University enclosure. It isn't a tiny cab by any means...just not as big as the 606's.

    Scott

  2. #12
    HB Super Moderator
    New member - Some Altec gear to share


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: New member - Some Altec gear to share

    Quote Originally Posted by slial View Post
    Yes, I have 2 606 cabinets. While I am more than capable of constructing new, I much prefer the originality and appearance of the originals and they were intended for the 604b's and 604c's. I think the 602 will work as a Center Channel in the University enclosure. It isn't a tiny cab by any means...just not as big as the 606's.

    Scott
    Yup that's what I would do..Use the 606's for the 604B's and then the 602/University as the center channel unless you are using a 2 channel stereo mode.Looks like you will be on the hunt for another 604B then ? Can you Post some photos ? I recommend a photo sharing site to post pics.As a new member you may not be able to post pics right away so you can bypass that using Photobucket,Flickr,etc... Plus Hostboard has this awful photo re-sizer that shrinks them down to nothing..

  3. #13
    Junior Hostboard Member slial's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New member - Some Altec gear to share

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Yup that's what I would do..Use the 606's for the 604B's and then the 602/University as the center channel unless you are using a 2 channel stereo mode.Looks like you will be on the hunt for another 604B then ? Can you Post some photos ? I recommend a photo sharing site to post pics.As a new member you may not be able to post pics right away so you can bypass that using Photobucket,Flickr,etc... Plus Hostboard has this awful photo re-sizer that shrinks them down to nothing..
    I am using a 2 channel stereo setup as it stands right now, so I would need to acquire a second amplifier to power the center. I will definitely share photos, and am accustomed to using a secondary site for posting them as I do so on AK regularly. I will upload some photos of the enclosures and the drivers.

    Scott

  4. #14
    Junior Hostboard Member slial's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New member - Some Altec gear to share

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Yup that's what I would do..Use the 606's for the 604B's and then the 602/University as the center channel unless you are using a 2 channel stereo mode.Looks like you will be on the hunt for another 604B then ? Can you Post some photos ? I recommend a photo sharing site to post pics.As a new member you may not be able to post pics right away so you can bypass that using Photobucket,Flickr,etc... Plus Hostboard has this awful photo re-sizer that shrinks them down to nothing..
    And yes...I am absolutely on the hunt for a 604b mate and matching N-1000-B crossover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.